AN URGENT APPEAL
Published October 3, 2009 Kabataan Partylist Leave a Comment Edit
Tags: floods, help, kabataan, Kabataan Partylist, relief, typhoon ondoy, victims, youth, youth solidarity
Dear broters and sisters
Warm greeting of solidarity!
Our kababayans (fellow countrymen) urgently need our help and support. Days after typhoon Ondoy (international codename: Ketsana) lashed the country with heavy rains on September 26,2009, we witnessed the gravity of devastation it has brought to millions of Filipinos. The nine-hour heavy rainfall, equivalent with the average amount of rainfall for one month according to the PAG-ASA weather bureau, led to flash floods that submerged about 80percent of the capital of more than 12 million inhabitants.
The death toll is now more than 200, while scores remain missing. Metro Manila, the country’s capital, including Marikina and towns of Rizal, recorded the most number of displaced families and damage to houses, properties, infrastructure and livelihood. Neighboring regios of Central Luzon and Southern Tagalog were not spared, as the heavy rainfall brought damage to farmer’s crops and livestock.
National youth organizations, student councils, campus publications and Kabataan Partylist have formed TULONG KABATAAN, a relief drive for the victims of Typhoon Ondoy.
The major objective of the relief drive is to consolidate efforts among the youth in gathering immediate relief for the affected communities. We also ain to reach out to other communities affected by the floods that are not currently covered by ongoing relief and rescue operations.
TULONG KABATAAN WILL :
1. Gather as many donations as possible, whether in cash or in kind, from fellow youth and students, institutions, schools and churches.
2. Pack goods and materials for distribution.
3. Deliver of goods in affected areas, integrate and express solidarity with the victims.
PRIORITIES FOR DONATIONS :
* FOOD: Rice, canned goods, dried fish, bread and biscuits, eggs, monggo beans, coffee and sugar, milk and formula milk, bottled water, oil and cooking condiments.
* MEDICINE: parecetamol, anti-diarrhea, medicine for cough and colds, hydration salts, water purification tablets, medicine for prevention of leptospirosis, vitamins.
* NON-FOOD: Blankets and sleeping mats, tents for temporary shelter, jackets and sweaters, clothes for the young and old, cooking utensils, candles and flashlights.
* Globe G-Cash : +639266677163
* Smart Money : 5299670778290
* Paypal or click here
Account name : Student Christian Movement of the Philippines
Branch: Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI), Kamias-Anonas Branch, Quezon City Philippines.
US Dollar Account No: 3324-0048-06
Peso Checking Account No: 3321-0176-64
MAIN DROP-OFF POINTS:
TULONG KABATAAN CENTER
* 118-B Scout Rallos, Brgy. Sacred Heart, Quezon City (look for/contact Frances 09072536529, contact hotline number 394-4285 or email email@example.com)
* Vinzons Hall Lobby/USC office, UP Diliman Quezon City (look for/contact Brandy 09062778145)
* United Methodist Church Headquarters
900 United Nations Avenue, Ermita, Manila (infront of Manila Police District, look for Ate Merly)
OTHER DROP-OFF POINTS
* Trinity University of Asia (Marga 09274313843)
* Southeast Asian College, Welcome Rtda (Val 09158156860)
* College of Holy Spirit (Alpha 091642456955),
* San Beda College (Jacob 09156441311)
* San Agustin Church
* St. Scholastica’s College-Manila (Chikee 09277855372)
* St. Paul University-Manila (Kaycee 09272845150)
* UP Manila- CAS SC (Ces 09158185686)
* Emilio Aguinaldo College (Kath 09062537432)
* Adamson University (Dora 09069227804)
* Eulogio Amang Rodriguez Institute for Science and Technology (EARIST) (John Rey 09094389199)
* Polytechnic University of the Philippines
* De La Salle Araneta University (Vincent 09228068473)
# PUP- Taguig (Jov 09107172398)
LIST OF COMMUNITY BENEFICIARIES : HERE
CONTACT TULONG KABATAAN
HOTLINES: +639266677163 and +639186106275
WED: TULONG KABATAAN on Facebook and www.kabataanpartylist.com
Again, we thank you for your financial, material contributions and volunteer work. The success of our efforts is proof that we can overcome any challenge through unity and collective action
HOW TO REACH US.