Philippine Emo Scene Online Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Philippine Emo Scene Online Society

this group is created for people who has interest in the emo genre. this group is also open on other genres.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
R U L E S : Very Happy *READ before POSTiNG. *GAiN 50 posts. *BE ACTiVE & NO SPAMMiNG.  *RESPECT, SOCiALiZE, PARTiCiPATE, ENJOY! Very Happy

The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography.

Go down 
+2
PhapxPhap
SORAL
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SORAL

The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography. Empty
PostSubject: The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography.   The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 3:35 pm

Quote :
The photo is the “Pulitzer Prize” winning photo taken in 1994 during the Sudan Famine.
The picture depicts stricken child crawling towards an United Nations food camp, located a kilometer away.

The vulture is waiting for the child to die so that it can eat him. This picture shocked the whole world. No one knows what happened to the child, including the photographer Kevin Carter who
left the place as soon as the photograph was taken.

Three months later he committed suicide due to depression.

The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography. Pulitzer_94_500

Kahirapan. Nanalo ng papuri at simpatya ang litratong yan noong 1994. Naglunsad ng isang food camp para sa mga taong walang makain ang United Nation..kung saan makikita ang isang bata na gumagapang na lang sa sobrang hina habang nagaabang ang isang uwak na mamatay sya at kainin. Napaka makabagbag damdaming larawan. Ikaw? Ano ang tingin mo?

Download the PowerPoint Attachement here(Click me!)
Back to top Go down
PhapxPhap

PhapxPhap

PostSubject: Re: The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography.   The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 7:30 pm

I've heard about it. whew.

and correction lang pre uwak is different from vulture.Very Happy buwitre.
Back to top Go down
icekrimogre

PostSubject: Re: The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography.   The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:47 am

eh . eto yung larawang tagal ko nang binibigyang-pansin. kapara-parangal nga, pero hindi tama na iniwan na lang yung bata dahil nakuha na niya pakay niya .
Back to top Go down
Scarlet
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Scarlet

PostSubject: Re: The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography.   The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Quote :
taena mo dami na nagugutom sa mundo fashionista ka parin xD
-radio active sago project

haha
Back to top Go down
mYkeL

mYkeL

PostSubject: Re: The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography.   The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:59 am

prang nkita ko na2 sa old forum ahhh..

archie ata ngpost nun?..

xbi ng prof ko..

wla ng pag-asa ang isang bansa kun wla na syng kultura..

makikita nmn ntin na ang bansang ito ay 2luyan nang nwalan ng kultura..

mkikita din ntin ang wlang kasikbihan ng gobyernong namamahala sa knilng lugar..

amfness..

Mad
Back to top Go down
Scarlet
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Scarlet

PostSubject: Re: The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography.   The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:44 pm

LOL. mas retained nga ang kultura nila satin. hindi nga sila nabibigyan ng chance umangat. lack of resources, at inaalipin sila ng kapitalismo. kaya naghihirap sila.

nagiguilty ako sa pagiging coffee monster. bakit? yung coffee beans na ginagamit sa kape ko ay pinagpawisan ng mga kapatid natin sa bansang iyan (at sa mga kalapit bansa). that's why i see to it na i really work hard for my coffee.
Back to top Go down
mYkeL

mYkeL

PostSubject: Re: The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography.   The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:02 pm

aian wrote:

nagiguilty ako sa pagiging coffee monster. bakit? yung coffee beans na ginagamit sa kape ko ay pinagpawisan ng mga kapatid natin sa bansang iyan (at sa mga kalapit bansa). that's why i see to it na i really work hard for my coffee.

ate it mins u shud stop drunking coffee 4rm now on..

hahah

xD lol!
Back to top Go down
Scarlet
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Scarlet

PostSubject: Re: The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography.   The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 10:34 pm

^mykeL di ko kaya eh! haha. i pay for it naman so there's nothing wrong with that right? haha.

but isa sa mga disputes ng photo na toh, bakit hindi daw tinulungan ng photographer yung bata instead na picturan lang.
Back to top Go down
Quaz

Quaz

PostSubject: Re: The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography.   The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 5:31 am

aian . ilang beses ka magkape sa isang araw?

*sory sa OT*
Back to top Go down
Scarlet
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Scarlet

PostSubject: Re: The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography.   The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:28 pm

depende sa mood ko. Smile

pag lasing nakakadalawang magkasunod na cup ako. xD

- - -
@topic:

namatay yung photographer dahil sa guilt, hindi niya tinulungan yung bata, he just stood there. as a photographer he must know what the meaning of "art" is. ART should be used in service of the people. but he just stood there, taking the picture of the poor thing.
Back to top Go down
icekrimogre

PostSubject: Re: The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography.   The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 3:03 pm

Maiba naman sa opinyon.

I found this article stating a different argument:
http://www.nytimes.com/1994/07/29/world/kevin-carter-a-pulitzer-winner-for-sudan-photo-is-dead-at-33.html

Whatcha think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography.   The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Photography.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Philippine Emo Scene Online Society :: EDUCATIONAL DISCUSSIONS :: Government & Politics-
Jump to: